We build web3 products. Our roots go back to the birth of Ethereum, hardened by the experience of TheDAO, slock.it, aleth.io, atpar.io, and many more projects. Strongly driven by Ethereum’s values such as openness, interoperability, censorship resistance, and decentralization. We are a venture studio buidling for the selfsovereign individual. Upgrading the web!
We pride ourselves on being a dynamic and diverse team that operates entirely remotely, and while we have the pleasure of hiring talented individuals from all over the world, we’re currently focusing our search for this particular role in Germany due to its location- specific nature.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We’re excited to bring on a talented Finance Lead who can provide top-notch financial, reporting, and accounting support to our team, while also leading our finance-related operations. Your expertise will be a key driver of corpus’ growth strategy and decentralization efforts, making your role a crucial one in shaping the company’s future.
Your work will be highly visible throughout the organization, ensuring that our investments and operational decisions are well-informed and effective. To be successful, you’ll need a deep understanding of financial analyses, accounting, and German (and where needed international) tax compliance, as well as the ability to work collaboratively with teams across the company.
At corpus, we believe in empowering our team members to take ownership of their work and contribute to the company’s success from day one. With a steady stream of exciting projects and initiatives on the horizon, this is an opportunity to take on challenging and rewarding work in a supportive, dynamic environment.
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES WILL BE TO:
- Develop and implement treasury strategies
- Manage and oversee administration and management of crypto assets
- Maintain an overview of financial flows, manage budgets, control financial processes and create financial reports
- Understand legal risks related to financial operations
- Ensure tax compliance and efficiency
- Utilize tax expertise to ensure compliance and identify optimization opportunities
- Offer expertise in tax-related and corporate law issues as they relate to financing rounds
- Provide support for individual projects and spin-offs, offering tax and legal expertise as needed
- Support cross-company business relationships by drafting contracts and managing invoicing and payroll
- Assist with procurement and other administrative tasks
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE, YOU SHOULD HAVE:
- 2+ years of experience leading financial operations in a high-growth venture-backed technology company or consulting such companies
- A background in crypto-specific finance and operations, as well as fundamental understanding of Germany-specific as well as international financial operations and taxation issues
- Experience in financial planning, budgeting and controlling
- Strong skills in financial analysis, accounting, and tax compliance, including a deep understanding of German tax regulations and requirements
- Successful track record in supporting equity financing rounds
- Experience in developing and implementing treasury strategies and ensuring accurate cash flow planning
- The ability to quickly learn and adapt, as well as to explain complex financial topics to cross-functional partners
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to provide proactive support
- Intellectual curiosity and a passion for the crypto industry
- Proven problem-solving, communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently in a fast-paced, remote and global team.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- Work in a dynamic team with flat organizational structure / fast decision-making paths Experience a high level of autonomy, independency, and ownership
- Experience exponential growth and entrepreneurial insights
- Enjoy the perks of a home workstation and equipment budget.
- Benefit from an unlimited vacation policy (yes you heard that right!)
- Earn a competitive salary
- Make a significant impact in an inspiring startup environment where your work truly makes a difference
- Join regular offsites to connect with the rest of the team
At corpus, we foster a culture that values big thinking, pro-activity, an entrepreneurial mindset, and teamwork. We believe that we can achieve great things and make a real impact by working collaboratively and pushing the boundaries. Our team is encouraged to take initiative, think outside the box, and bring their unique ideas and perspectives to the table. We are committed to creating an environment that celebrates collaboration, where everyone’s contributions are valued, and success is a team effort. Whether it’s working on a new project or supporting one another, we believe in working together to achieve common goals. By joining our team, you’ll be part of a dynamic and innovative workplace where you can grow and make a real difference.
We believe in embracing individuality and creativity. If you possess the drive, determination and a unique perspective, even if you don’t completely meet all the listed requirements, we still encourage you to apply. Your application will be considered on its own merit, and we are open to having our vision of the ideal candidate challenged. We are a startup that values passion, and we would be delighted to hear from you and learn more about how you can contribute to our team. Apply now via mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the template below. We look forward to getting to know you.